Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Pick a Colour, Any Colour . . . "



Greetings,

When I first start working with new clients, after the 'budget talk,' and the 'schedule talk' - we have to get down to the nitty gritty and have the 'colour talk.' I love seeing how people respond to different colours! And on this cool, gray San Francisco morning - I'm yearning for something bright. Something cheerful. Maybe something fuchsia.

Sometimes I find inspiration on the fashion runways . . .

Me at the Stark Showroom in SF

Quite often when we're touring thought the house with a new client, I'll ask to see the master closet - firstly (from a business point of view), we might need to re-design them - but, it's also a great opportunity to see what colours they respond to.

Maybe there's a scene from a favourite film that speaks to your sense of colour . . .

But, how should we use it?

Maybe we could just add the shock of bright pink to the entryway . . .

Or it can be as subtle as using masses of pink flowers in the room . . .

Maybe we could use the impact of artwork -


I've always loved this image. The colour is SO delicious.


Or we could just lavishly use multiple shades of pink to make the room magical . . .


I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend. For myself, I'm participating in the "ING Bay to Breakers Race" in the morning - Can't wait!

Cheers,
tartanscot