Thursday, December 4, 2008

Inventor?

So, have you ever come up with a BRILLIANT idea, only to find that it already exists? Just happened to me. I was working on a fabric/wallcovering pattern called "Dirrrrty Toile." It was going to be a toile print, with funny, irreverant scenes on it.
IT ALREADY EXISTS!
Either one of my friends or my husband sold me out, or someone reached into my brain in the middle of the night, or someone is as weird as I am to think that other people would want to buy this.

For those of you non-home decor fanatics - here's what typical toile looks like


Image from here
It usually contains some type of pastoral scene, people relaxing in nature...

But how funny and ironic to have scenes like drug dealers or sexy ladies instead? Maybe only funny if you are an interior designer, though the people at Flavor Paper obviously agree with me, because they came up with the following toile's:

Chinatown Toile (for Chinatown soccer club in Vienna)
Sassy Toile

Guns AND sexy ladies - oh my!

And while this one isn't technically a toile, I like it (it's called City Park). However, I worry it would cause my dog to pee on the wall.