Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Introducing High Gloss


I'm so excited that the premier issue of High Gloss, the latest web magazine to hit the virtual newsstands, has arrived. The brainchild of fellow Houstonian blogger Paloma Contreras (of La Dolce Vita), High Gloss is all about interior design, style, fashion and entertaining. HG promises to deliver high style combined with a fresh, stylish (and thankfully, colorful!) perspective that I honestly haven't seen in its competitors (though let's face it, there's always room for another good decor magazine, isn't there?).


Of course, as a contributor for this first issue, I say all this with a wee bit of bias. You can check out my small contribution as the copy writer of the "Modern Makeover" article, which features a truly gorgeous Houston home designed by local favorite Sally Wheat. The home is truly drool-worthy and I've been dying to share it with y'all. 


Of course I'm not going to go and spoil all the surprises now that the issue is up -- you're going to have to go check it out for yourself. I did, however, want to give you a little sneak peek of the living room, with its more traditional bones, modern furnishings and pops of bold color in the accessories. It's chic, but also incredibly livable.


You can also see me on the list of contributors on page 10. Gotta love how I'm astride the virtual fold, right? In any case, I couldn't be happier for Paloma and her fellow editors at the reception the magazine has been receiving. Congratulations, ladies, on a job very well done! And Paloma -- I'm here whenever you need me!