Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reading List

I am so thrilled that there are SO many choices for online design inspiration. When magazines like Domino and Blueprint went away, I was worried where I would get my inspiration from. Sure, I love Elle Decor, but those magazines seemed to be the voice of my generation of designers. Thank goodness for the internet and online magazine publishing, because online design and lifestyle magazines are popping up all over and I'm loving it!

I was checking out the latest addition to the online magazines - Matchbook... It's an adorable lifestyle mag.

Loved this yellow pillow from Lela Rose's home {piece written by Caitlin McGinn and photographed by Andrew Richards} The magazine is more lifestyle than interiors, and there were some great spreads, like the 50 wardrobe pieces that are a must-have for every woman.

Here's a round-up of some other online magazines I can't seem to put down:

I love Lonny, who I consider to be the pioneers of online design magazines.

Some of my favorite shots from their Jan/Feb issue:

{designed by Lynn Nigro}

{designed by Hillary Thomas}{both articles written by Shawn Gauthier and photographed by Patrick Cline}

Lonny also has a fantastic website (where you can search for inspiration images by room) and an inspired blog.


Rue Magazine recently came out with their third issue, which I have to say was amazing.


My favorite space is still the living room of Nicole from Sketch 42 (which I wrote about last week.){photos by Emily Anderson, copy by Erica Reitman}


I also adore Adore Magazine - an Australian design magazine. While it's frustrating that most of the shops and resources are Australian, it's fun to see what's hot down-under.
I haven't flipped through this most recent issue, but it's high on my to-do list.


And on February 1st (today!) a newbie joins the group - High Gloss. Some amazing design bloggers have come together to create this one, so I've got a good feeling about this one. As you read this blog posting, I will probably be devouring this new magazine.


Anthology is a new paper magazine that I'm going to start subscribing to...
As for other paper magazines that I read these days... Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Canadian House and Home, Traditional Home (which is much hipper than I would have expected.) Any good read I am missing? I tried Veranda once Dara Caponigro took over, but I didn't fall in love. Any more suggestions?