Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ankasa in Mi Casa

A client and I have been DYING to get our hands on these hand embroidered framed beaded wall textiles by Ankasa, from Trowbridge Gallery but they were $$$.

We saw them about 6 months ago and after seeing the one on the right in Carrie and Big's apartment in Sex and the City 2, I made it my mission to find them.



I looked into getting them wholesale (had to buy 4, we only needed 2). So sadly, they seemed out of reach. We were walking through a showroom sample sale 2 weeks ago and stumbled upon them in beige (the color we wanted) for $$ instead of $$$. We bought them on the spot and danced our way home. I can't wait for them to be hung!


I am insanely obsessed with this company that makes them, Ankasa - they started out doing embroidery, beading and finishing on clothing/textiles for companies like Oscar de la Renta and Vera Wang. They recently came into the world of home decor, and am I glad they did. Now if they would only open a showroom in LA...

Some of their pillows and bedding.










I'm in love with a pillow.


There are no words for this ottoman.