Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lucy, You've Got Some Painting to Do...

When my husband and I moved into our home 2 years ago, it was all beige. Ick. So a few months into living here, we painted the living room and den a bright white, which we have accented with bright pops of color. Our dining room is wallpapered (with what is still my favorite wallpaper on Earth.)

We are thinking about moving into phase two of painting, including a fabulous chevron pattern in the hallway, and something a little more soothing in the bedroom.

Image from ???


We originally painted our room Benjamin Moore's Dior Grey, a dark rich lovely grey/blue. Like in the images below.
image from House Beautiful


image from Lonny

It's such a gorgeous color, but like most interior designers, I constantly crave change in my own home.

I'm tempted to go with a lighter version of the same color, and accent it with a stunning headboard like this one.
image from Lonny


These serene wall colors with pops of color from the upholstery and window treatments also have me drooling.
image from House Beautiful



image from House Beautiful




image from House Beautiful



I could be crazy and go for something funky like stripes...image from Lonny


Or a bold color (though I'm not sure it's fair to my husband to go bubble gum pink, and I'd probably want to repaint AGAIN in 2 years.)
image from House Beautiful

The only way to tell is to grab some pots of paint and start testing!