Thursday, July 8, 2010

Architects: Planning my Malibu Dream House Edition

From time to time I like to write/daydream about my Malibu Dream House. Let's be clear, I absolutely LOVE the home I live in, but when I win the lottery or sell as many custom designed rugs as Madeline Weinrib, I plan on building my dream house in/near Malibu. I image open spaces and a clean look with the house still looking warm and inviting.

Enter architect Ken Linsteadt.

I first saw his work last year in California Home + Design Magazine and have been following him ever since.

Check out his website when you can - I love the project he has featured. But until then, sit back, relax and enjoy this project (the inspiration for my Malibu dream house).

Love those floors.






My dream kitchen. All I need is the beach of Malibu behind me.







My plan is to soak in that tub after my long, exhausting walk on the beach. This home is really in Northern California (where Ken practices.) So gorgeous.