Sunday, March 6, 2011

Graham Kirk


Graham Kirk arrived on Friday morning at 11:08 am at a hearty 8 pounds and 10 ounces, 20.5 inches. After checking into the hospital Thursday evening with regular contractions, we ended up having to kick-start my labor with Pitocin around 3 am (don't worry, I caught some solid sleep from 10 pm on). Once my doctor broke my water at 8 am, things quickly accelerated (as did the pain!) and we were pushing by 10.  Dave was fantastic throughout, as were the nurses -- all in all, much less scary than I expected.



We got back home last night and it's definitely been an adjustment to our schedules and our lives. Family and friends have been fantastic though, cooking and cleaning and changing diapers while I work on nursing and healing (unfortunately, I lost a significant amount of blood so I'm working on getting my strength back as well). I'll be taking a few weeks off from blogging while we adjust to this new addition to the family.

Many thanks for all the well wishes late last week! Y'all definitely gave me the extra encouragement I needed to get through the last few days.