Friday, September 25, 2009

Showhouse Showdown: the Return

This is my third showhouse showdown, a tour of a GORGEOUS designer showhouse. Of my long term goals as an interior designer, one is definitely to participate in one of these showcases. You get to design without any input from a client - you are free to let your imagination run wild. While I happen to have the most amazing clients who I think make my designs even better, it would be fun to go crazy and see what happens. My other long term goals as an interior designer include: my own product line - sheets, towels, dishes, wallpapers, pillows; a magazine (a glossy paper version of this blog where I share my favorite interior design goodies) - really, a Martha Stewart-esque empire. Think big or go home, I say.

Well, until I fulfill my goal for interior-design-world domination, here is a peek at the Metropolitan Home 2009 Designer Showhouse:

Jay Jeffer's great room:
Love what's going on with that slanted wall - wallpaper or a mural? Love the faux bois fabric chaise. LOVE the throw pillow.


Jeffers' great room also include this groovy living room.
The chandelier is insane (by McEwan Lighting Studio)


Love this earthy media room by Erin Martin.
Salvaged boards make up the paneling. Pretty cool.


If that's not a serene master bedroom, I don't know what is (by Gary Hutton)



Any boy would be lucky to have this as his bedroom (though I think in reality I'd swap out the daybed for a real one). By designers Martha Angus and Phillip King Parton.I would be terrified to use that horizontal striped wallpaper - but look how good it looks!


I really like the simplicity of this guest room, by Julie Dowling and Lorissa Kimm.

Ditto for their bathroom.


The library has a groovy Kelly Wearstler meets Jonathan Adler meets Karim Rashid vibe.
by Nicole Hollis



Probably my favorite space of the whole house? This fabulous wine cellar. The steel wires are so simple to install, and they give the wine cellar the look of the latest chic restaurant. That's definitely getting filed away into my favorites.
By Sand Studios.

photos by Matthew Millman