Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Lights, Camera . . . "




Good evening faithful reader,

Please pray fervently for me . . . lol. I've got a TV interview tomorrow afternoon and I have *NO* idea what I'm going to wear. Tim Gaskin of "OUT Spoken" is going to do a segment on my installation at Dining by Design last Novenber . It's been fun spending the last few days thinking about the fun (and horror) of that event. I think it will be broadcast the second week in February, but I'll let you know when the episode airs.

So tonight, in a mad effort to calm my nerves, I've been looking through some old 'inspiration' images that I keep in my files. It's one of my dream projects . . . either as an owner, or (maybe even better) as the designer.

The shots are from Ward Denton/Christopher Gardner's design for Glen Feshie Lodge in Scotland. I'm sure we're all clearly aware of my love of tartan and I love the subtle use of plaid textiles and beautiful antiques. The custom mural from the dining room are images of the surrounding property. I have always been deeply impressed with what Ward and Christopher were able to create.

Off to the closet to try a few more things before bed,
tartanscot