Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Economic Stimulus Package

While the economic downturn is not a good thing for anyone, it does serve as a reminder that money does not grow on trees and that it can be "here today, gone tomorrow," thanks to jerks like Bernie Madoff. Yesterday I received my Lucky magazine (a shopping/clothing magazine) and found that the majority of articles were about finding good things for less.

Here in LA, where there is an over-abundance of Gucci, Louis Vuitton and BMWs, it's nice to see that we are all now showing off our frugal-ness too. I show my friends my new $20 shoes from Marshall's and everyone ooooh's and aaaah's.

Anyhoo, enough with my economic rant. I have said many times on this blog that great design is all about mixing it up. Anyone can go to Minotti and replicate their showroom piece for piece in their home, but it takes a good eye to mix high end, low end, antiques, hand-me-downs, Craiglist free stuff, Ebay scores...

CB2 has proven themselves as a great, inexpensive option. Their coffee table holds its own in my living room next to my higher-end chairs... When I got their catalogue yesterday, I was floored by the number of great options and inexpensive finds.

Happy shopping!