Friday, August 13, 2010

On my love of blue.

Atlanta Showhouse

It's no secret that I've been having an ongoing love affair with blue the past year or so -- in fact, my family room is practically a homage to the color. Perhaps it's attributable to living in Houston, where the heat and strong light make cool blues particularly refreshing and attractive: no need to worry about a room feeling too cold, after all! Or perhaps it's that I love the richness that can come with some of the more jewel-tone variations of blue: turquoises, teals and rich cobalts are all very appealing to me (and very of the moment). Or because blue and white is a classic and, like a good navy suit, will really never date. Or maybe, like love more generally, my love of blue is arbitrary and ultimately inexplicable.

Since I'm always on the look out for great and inspiring rooms to share with y'all -- and it's been quite a while since I featured a round-up of my favorite blue rooms -- I thought I'd see us through the weekend with some of my new blue favorites. I'm afraid I'm fresh out of my usual design blather this week, so for once I'll spare you my own opinion on these rooms and allow you to enjoy the eye candy free of distractions.

T. Keller Donovan





Phoebe Howard

Phoebe Howard

Phoebe Howard

Lonny Magazine

Kelley Interior Design

Michael Partenio

Kendall Wilkinson

I'll be back next week with a very exciting progress report on some home design projects. Until then, have a wonderful weekend, everyone!