Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's Be Honest

I've had some enormous life-changing experiences that I haven't addressed at all here on the blog. While my life has been a roller coaster the past few months, I've kept posting gorgeous interiors and blogging along, which has given me a wonderful sense of normalcy in these incredibly chaotic months. But now my crazy life and my interior design issues have joined up to become one monster that I'm going to tackle here.

We live in a 3 bedroom house that I am in the process of designing. The master bedroom is in the works (I've posted many times about my plans for my gray + yellow dream room). The third bedroom is our tv room - it is 99% of the way there, and I've finally found the wall mirrors to finish it off (pictures to come.)

But our second bedroom has been really difficult for me. We have been trying to have a baby for a few years, so when we moved into the house 2 years ago we were hesitant to decorate the room, in hopes that we would soon be pregnant and would need to change gears and decorate a nursery. This past spring I became pregnant, and while I did not announce it on the blog, I started posting on nursery designs that I loved. But before we started any nursery decorating, we lost the baby. We are going to take some time off from trying - but I refuse to let that second bedroom sit empty any longer as a "sad room." It needs to be filled with life, happiness and joy, like the rest of my house.

I've decided to turn it into my office space for now - the room has a desk, chair and bookshelves, all it needs is a good coat of paint, a rug and maybe a cork board for inspiration.

Love this image from Traditional Home. It feels warm and rich, just what I'm craving.


But this office space, from fabulous blog Mimi & Meg, is so bright and cheery, you can't help but smile at the sight of it.



Still not 100% sure of the direction I want to take with that room, but I know I need to move forward and make it a happy, warm space. And hopefully it's a room that I'm just borrowing until the real tenant of that room shows up :)