Sunday, September 12, 2010

My distraction...


As many of you have suspected for weeks now, I am indeed pregnant! As of today, I'm 14 weeks and 5 days along, which means I'm just into the second trimester and due March 8, 2011. This ultrasound was taken two weeks ago at a routine first trimester screening. I'll be back at the doctor's this Wednesday for (yet another) check-up. So far, everything's looking great and I'm feeling good. I feel very blessed that I was able to get through the first trimester without morning sickness or weight gain. Unfortunately though, I have been suffering from truly miserable fatigue that's made it all but impossible for me to do anything other than work and sleep -- which is why I've been such a terrible blogger the past 6 weeks or so.

Recently, I've noticed that I'm slowly starting to perk up...and that means my blogging will be perking up, too. Of course, expect more postings on pregnancy, babies and -- of course -- nurseries than I've done in the past, but I promise not to alienate those of you who aren't pregnant or who don't have young children. Rest assured there will be plenty of posts of decorating and style that have absolutely nothing to do with children. Above all though, I wanted to thank you all for your patience and understanding as I've taken the end of summer to focus on these major mental and physical adjustments. Your sweet notes and comments have been much appreciated. Believe me, I've missed y'all big time.