Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Color Picker

My favorite teacher in design school told us "You are not color pickers, you are space planners." This week, that couldn't have been further from the truth.

When we moved into our house, every wall was beige. It was lovely, but it was someone else's lovely and I needed to make it my own. For the last two days we've had the living and dining room painted Benjamin Moore "White." The exact shade of white was something I obsessed over for a few days... The wallpaper is being hung next week, and after that I promise to post pictures of our progress. Until then I thought I'd post some other all-white spaces...


My favorite, by Bark Design Architects, from Dwell March 09.

Some other great white interiors from O at Home Winter 2008.
Home of Alisa Regas with architectural design by Kenny Payero.



Her all-white bathroom.



By Darryl Carter from O at Home Winter 2008.


In the bedroom we decided to be a bit daring and paint it Benjamin Moore "Dior Gray" (2133-40).
It looks more blue-gray in the room. I have been dreaming of painting my bedroom this color for years!


Here are some other blue-gray spaces that caught my eye...


From Windsor Smith's Style Compass profile on 1st dibs.


A gorgeous light blue from O at Home Winter 2008.
I am a color picker!