Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Look for Less: Lighting Edition

Yesterday felt like Christmas - my CB2 catalog came and there were SO many good finds, I didn't know where to begin!
Their lighting this season provided me with some great "looks for less"

I have long been obsessed with these Rogan designed "cylinder pendants." I'm waiting for the perfect client to use them on - an edge-y, industrial downtown loft...


However, they are pretty pricey - these "peek" table lamps do the job pretty well...



Next time I head up to Seattle to visit my husband's family, I will HAVE to visit Velocity, as pretty much visit their website daily between my blog and my design clients.

I love this lamp, their "Weegee"

CB2 has a fantastic alternative - the "twine"


I also have been fairly vocal about my love for the beautiful (and pricey) Bocci pendants.


image from Y Lighting



image from MocoLoco


While I'm not crazy about the way CB2 merchandised this (it feels overly static), these candle balls are sold individually and could be hung more like the Bocci's... The "whirly hanging candleholder."


Light it up!