Friday, May 8, 2009

Hot child in the city...

This week LA is dealing with a serious heat wave. I know, all you east coasters are laughing at me, and would trade places with me in second... But it's unbearable. I have no pool, the air conditioning in our house somehow cools every room but our bedroom, and we are having to run the air conditioning all day so that the doggie doesn't roast ($$$).

When the DWR catalog arrived today, I almost felt transported by the gorgeous outdoor shots they had. I have a tropical vacation coming up soon, but this makes me want to hop on a plane tonight to be poolside with a fruity, iced beverage and a trashy novel.

I've long been a fan of the Veneto Collection, (designed by Unopiu) but these pictures really take the cake.

From the Porter Residence, Pacific Palisades, CA.

Are the Porter's interested in adopting me? (just kidding mom and dad)

Some other Veneto goodies...

Kaplan Wright Residence, Architect Susan Minter.

I really love this look, with grass growing between the pavers... In my next home perhaps.
Also from the Porter Residence, Pacific Palisades, CA.



And also from the Silver Collection (by John Caldwell)...Image from Doug Hudson and Erich Burkhart, architects. Palm Springs, CA

This picture makes we want to be poolside in Palm Springs. Stat. I might have to settle for the neighbor's pool and a popsicle. It'll do!