Monday, May 11, 2009

Sk8 or Die

I surfed the NYTimes online today, looking for new exciting design goodies... I LOVE their profile of this home - the home of Jay Shapiro and Claire Bigbie (he's a skater/musician, she's an interior designer.) They live in Northern California, in San Fran's Noe Valley.

All photos by Timothy Griffith for NY Times.

I like this crisp, clean bedroom.

They used Benjamin Moore paint Pool Party Blue (love that name.) The bottles are by Sara Paloma.

Dressing Room. I'd love a dressing room... Especially with a chandelier.
With Tom Dixon wallpaper...


Love the open beam ceiling in the industrial kitchen.


And look at this fabulous studioThe garden design is by Flora Grubb.

This home looks like it could be in Silverlake - one of my favorite funky areas in LA...