Monday, May 18, 2009

"One Short Day in the . . . "


" . . . . Emerald City. One short day, with so much to do."


Greetings,

There seems to be no end to the clamor for "green design" these days.  It is so important to examine the effect that the design industry has on our planet.  But, I'd like to take a momentary step away from the well-placed ecological concerns and celebrate the use of "green" in design.

Maybe it was the amazing weather we had this weekend, but it's REALLY starting to feel like Spring is clearly on the way.  Yay.

Miles Redd is massively brilliant.  Clearly.  I have always adored this charming, dramatic dining room.

I love the contrast of the graphic, modern shade on the walls - with the much more traditional, almost homey, furnishings.  It gives what could be a simple bedroom an enormous amount of energy and style.

You do all know how much I love Mini Coopers!  

This is just amazing.  The wallpaper.  The hide floor covering. The black high-gloss trim colour.  Oh, and the spectacular tufted antique fainting sofa.


Sorry for having been away for the last few days - much of the weekend was overtaken with preparations for, completion of, and recovery from the 12K Bay-to-Breakers race here in San Francisco.  I'm getting some pictures together for a later post - stay tuned.  My bootcamp had a big crowd running and we all seemed to be taking pictures.  I'm working to see what I can put together to share.

first image : Timothy Corrigan
Images from Domino Magazine