Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Shameless Self-Promotion . . . "

click image to enlarge
Greetings and Salutations,

There always seems to be lots going on here at the house - lol - and now, I am quite delighted to announce that my humble little abode has been accepted in the "California Home & Design - Dining Room" contest.   Click here to cast your vote.  I'm #23.  (And you can vote as often as once a day - if you are so moved.)  Thanks in advance!  The voting closes in a week.

If you're a long-time reader of the blog, you might recognize the room - kind of.  When I first re-worked the layout of my flat a few years ago, I really needed a space where I could entertain - but, didn't have the square footage to have an exclusive space for formal dining.

So, I made sure when I first started designing my study, I would need it to transform into a cozy little dining room without too much fuss.  Take a small cocktail table out, put a larger table in, move some chairs around - and voila - instant (well, not really, but you get the idea) dining room.

And clearly, as you know - I have a enormous collection on china and stemware - here all dressed for a Springtime luncheon.  Anytime there are large amounts of fresh cut lilacs in my home, I'm pretty happy.

And now, after having a few friends over, everything is back to its usual place.  No fuss.  No muss.  

Thanks again for your support and for voting for #23.

And a big "thank you" to Nicolas Smith for his amazing photography - and his great sense of humour.