Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Colors of the Rainbow

Color palettes are my favorite thing to put together - and one of my favorites is the one I used in my own home - neutral/white walls with bright pops of color (every color of the rainbow) everywhere.

I love how they did this in the apartment below, featured in last month's Lonny.



I am putting together some color combo ideas for a friend - this is one - lots of bright fun colors.



Here are some fabulous primary colored goodies that would look great against a neutral background.

Red lantern


This hot pink sofa is pretty insane.



The orange lampshade is something I might have to bring into my own home.


If I had a breakfast nook in my home, it would definitely have these sunny yellow chairs.


Rich green chair with a lavender background (another of my favorite color combos.)


This blue kitchen chair is stunning! And that table cloth is pretty darn adorable.


And finally, this purple bench wants to come home with me. But at $1595, it might have to stay at ABC Carpet & Home.
All images from Elle Decor, except green chair, which is from Martha Stewart Living.