Monday, March 15, 2010

The Devil is in the Details

First of all, big things to celebrate over here at the Goods - this is my 500th post! With all the different things that pop up throughout my week, it's nice to have my daily blog as a constant. It has introduced me to some fabulous people and brought me some great opportunities - so thanks for reading!

Back to business, I've been noticing recently that it's the little details that really set apart a great design. Yes, the big things need to be in place (space planning, furniture, colors, etc.) But if you have the time, it's nice to look at individual pieces and add some detailing to kick it up another notch.

I love how this trim has been added to change a simple chair to something much more interesting!






I really like the fabric ribbon + interestingly spaced nail heads! Can't wait to give this look a try (possibly for my bedroom chair?)


Love a contrasting welt - and this one is in one of my favorite color combos, yellow + grey.


The trim detail on top of this ottoman takes it to a whole other level.


One of my favorite looks is this - taking a great Louis chair and doing a fun patterned back with a coordinating solid front.

I have been using this inspiration image for a clients' dining room.


And here are her chairs! (Picture taken on my iPhone on delivery day.)

Of course, a nail head trim does wonders for almost any piece of furniture.


This room mixes big and little nail heads.


This sofa wouldn't be the same without them!


And just barely skimming the surface of drapery - LOVE the look of pom pom trim... But that's a whole post in-and-of itself!

Happy Monday!