Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Design Process - Outdoor patio

I've been helping a client with her outdoor patio - they recently had a gorgeous stone patio added to their house and wanted me to help them furnish it!

Our first order of business was finding the dining table. We needed something large (we ended up with 40" x 80"), so that's what we needed to commit to first. We found this gorgeous one at Badia Design (which I blogged about last week). They were incredible and brought us TWO different tables we were deciding between. We agreed on this fabulous yellow & greige beauty - then we were ready to pull the trigger on all the other elements.



We also got these phenomenal chairs.


Now on to my favorite part - fabrics! The chairs and built-in bench will have this rich grey fabric with a white welt. We wanted to find a color that would hide dirt and look rich - I think we've hit the jackpot!

We decided to go the Kelly Wearstler route and do a fun but sophisticated color scheme of yellow and grey. These Trina Turk fabrics are going to be our decorative pillows.

I can't hardly wait!