Thursday, October 15, 2009

Home Office with White Lacquer Desk and Sunburst Clock

Okay, I am a little late to Kate of Centsational Girl's Where do you Blog Party? This is an older post, but shows my home office where I blog most days and where I purchased some of the pieces. 


It all started with this beautiful home office design by New York's Amanda Nisbet. The desk, the chair, the mirror layered bulletin board - I loved it all. First, I was on the hunt for just the right desk.

I found one that I liked and within budget at ZGallery - the white lacquer Jett Desk. As much as I loved the glass top in Nisbet's design, it just didn't have the storage needed and wouldn't hide computer electrical cords.
 

To keep the project within budget, I decided to make my own bulletin board from a large stretched canvas I picked up 40% off at Michaels. After gluing a series of cork squares to the canvas (also at Michaels), I wrapped it in solid Navy fabric that was staple-gunned to the back. Nickel nail head - 100s - were hand placed around the bulletin board to mimic a frame. It was a lot of work, but the result was worth it.
Then I was on the lookout for a sunburst mirror and was narrowing down my options when to my surprise I won a sunburst clock from Daily Decorator. Perfect!

Here is my home office today. I am loving my new desk and bulletin board. They look great with the new wall color - Benjamin Moore's November Rain. 

For additional seating, I added a bamboo and cane sofa with moss velvet cushions from McGuire. The gorgeous throw pillow in turquoise and chartreuse is from Anthropologie.

Now I am keeping my eyes out for a new task lamp for my desk - but don't tell my husband! Do you have any ideas?