Monday, October 26, 2009

I (heart) Saturdays

Had such a fantastic Saturday. With our TV room/den re-design underway (the sofa and coffee table are in!) my husband and I felt inspired to get out there and find more ways to spiff up our house.

Our new towels from Anthropologie are still putting a huge smile on my face everytime I see them.


We got a mix of the charcoal (which has some blue in it) with the ivory. Great way to give a little umph to our clean, simple travertine bathrooms.

But my major design discovery of the weekend was at LA shop Designers Views. We went to find a flokati or goat hair or mongolian lamb's wool rug for the bedroom - instead we found these STUNNING manzanita branch/moss/paper sculptures. Those things that look like tightly bound balls of roses? They are recycled paper!

I thought this white tall one would be perfect for a grand entry




And the crimson red - perfect chic Christmas decor


That deep plum/purple is one of my favorite colors right now


For a little girls' room?


Love this mustard yellow dried moss sculpture

My husband thought they looked straight out of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax - so true! Until next weekend! For now, it's Monday (ugh!)