Friday, October 9, 2009

Sorry PETA!

Sorry for the mini-hiatus everyone, but between my hideous cold, client meetings, and my dog's seizures acting up (we have him on a new type of medicine - keep your fingers crossed for him!), I haven't had a moment to blog... But here I am. And I think I'm going to anger the people at PETA with this one. PETA, people for the ethical treatment of animals, will not appreciate this post...

This image from the Anthropologie catalog reminded me of some beautiful butterflies I once saw at the New York Botanical Gardens shop.


The New York Botanical Garden shop sells this GORGEOUS butterfly medley on their website:


I know, it's not the nicest thing to take a beautiful, once-living creature and put it above your mantel in a wood frame. I would not want a dinosaur or elephant to do it to me.

But look at this monarch butterfly, it's stunning, no?
So here are some beautiful butterfly-themed objet that would not offend anyone, even PETA.

Love this butterfly clock...

Butterfly Clock by Susanne Philippson from here.


I saw these amazing images of silk butterflies on a wall from Fine Things and Big Dreams blog - a great decor blog!



I would love to do something like that in my hallway... honey?



Of course, fashion is a great place to rock a butterfly.
I recently got this Twenty8Twelve top from Gilt Groupe:
And I am in love with this butterfly necklace from Etsy.
by stuartcatheyjewelry.

Sorry if I've offended my dear friends at PETA, hopefully I've offered some good cruelty-free alternatives :)