Monday, October 19, 2009

My Den!

Our den/tv room has been my least favorite room (decor-wise) in our house. It contains my husband's "man couch" (a green, micro-suede sectional that I'm not the biggest fan of) and my husband's old wooden trunk as the coffee table. And it's not a cute, funky, vintage-y trunk.

So imagine how thrilled I was that this Sunday, in one day, we managed to get the basics purchased for a new, improved den! And, all at a reasonable price!

Movie sofa from CB2. It is 40 inches deep (very deep) which makes it perfect for snuggling and watching tv.


But we are worried about our dirty little puppy getting the sofa dirty, so we are planning to re-upholster the seat cushion! I'm on the hunt for a great patterned fabric that won't break the bank...

This sofa from Twentieth is my reupholstery inspiration.


I also broke him of his anti-lucite feelings and we got the CB2 Peekaboo lucite coffee table!

It makes our little den feel so much bigger!

Here's the room view:

I initially thought about doing this Jonathan Adler custom colored rug...
But the price tag has me thinking...


So I'm testing out this "look for less" West Elm rug...
But in black, not brown...


We bought a similar looking vintage trunk at last week's Rose Bowl flea market -- now that the man couch is leaving the building, we have room to display it in the den!

And of course, I plan to do a mish-mosh of great frames and vintage letters, also bought at the flea market, on the wall.*my apologies, I found this on a blog a few weeks ago and am not sure of the source*

Can't wait to see the room put all together! I'll share the final look!

Next up - master bedroom redesign!