Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flashback - Italy

Going through the most recent Anthropologie catalog (a constant source of inspiration for me) I was taken by this gorgeous image. Yeah, the dress is nice, but I'm completely fixated on the tile pattern.



It mentally took me back to Italy, to my honeymoon (on '06), to an adorable Italian hotel in Sorrento called the Hotel Parco dei Principi, designed by famed Italian architect, Gio Ponti. This place was all about the tile.

Photo by me.


image from hotel website



image from hotel website



Loved all the stone/pebbles on the walls.
image from here




Hanging out here everyday wasn't so bad.

The cover of his Taschen coffee table book (I know I will have made it big when I have my own Taschen coffee table book.)

The full image from Apartment Therapy.That honeymoon was one of the best trips of my life - 3 weeks in Italy... Here are some of the other (architectural) highlights:

All photos below by me or my husband.










And there was plenty of this too:
I'm dreaming about my next big adventure...