Monday, April 19, 2010

Pasadena Showcase Showdown - Year Two

For the second year in a row, my mom and I had a fabulous ladies day at the Pasadena Showcase House. It was gorgeous, as always, and we noticed that the rooms were less over-the-top than last year, with tons of ideas and tips to take away and use in your own home. We also noticed tons of designers using fabulous chandeliers and wallpaper, probably two of my favorite things of all time.

The house they used this year belongs to the Red Cross - they use it as an office and plan to rent it out for events. LOVE the hip Red Cross Medallion at the entry - by Pacific Outdoor Living.


While the rooms were mostly pretty and practical, there was definitely plenty of whimsy going around (influenced by Alice in Wonderland?) This room was gorgeous - great mirrors, fun settees, great ceiling treatment. By Linda Allen Designs.


The designers of the solarium, Parker West Interiors, used my FAVORITE chandelier by Moura Starr. LOVE!!!

I loved Jennifer Dyer's room last year, and she did it again this year!

I would die for this closet. By Ammie Kim Interior Design.

Michael Berman, an LA design guru, absolutely shut it down with his spaces...
No camera allowed - so these are the official pictures from the program - so many gorgeous details I wish I could share!