Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'd like to be under the sea / In an octopus' garden in the shade

Animal themed decor is always fabulous. As an animal lover myself (my dog dominates my postings on both Facebook and Twitter), I love having some animal themed goodies around my house. Octopuses or Octopi - I looked up the plural form of Octopus on Wikipedia, and both of those are correct, though it said "octopi" is often objectionable. Well, anyway, Octopuses are not cute, fuzzy animals but they make for gorgeous home decor...

Love these dishes from Anthropologie. The image in the bowl would be a fun surprise at the bottom of some clam chowder.


Plantation, a local LA furniture hot spot, has a ton of Octopus goodies - here are my favorites (yes, they have even more on their website!)

I've loved this triptych for a while, but alas, it's a little out of my budget.


Fab outdoor pillow!


A sweet glass sculpture that would be fun among your favorite design books on a shelf.



This pewter one is my favorite, he totally wants to hang off my mantel.

I'm working on a candlestick collection - this might have to join it!Happy swimming!