Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Great evening, decent picture

Had such a great evening last night at the Jonathan Adler book signing. Rarely do one's heroes live up to the pedestal we've put them on - but J Ad was everything I wanted and more. He was hilarious (making references to Real Housewives of Atlanta and She by Sheree.) He was humble. He was warm. Makes me happy to have his goodies in my house. (I loved that when a girl asked about his products being green and sustainable, he said he wants his goods not to be disposable. He wants them to last and last and for our heirs to argue over who gets them when we die. Perfect answer.)

When I got to the front of the line and had him sign my books, I told him about my obsession with his hotel, the Parker in Palm Springs, and that I got engaged there and have spent (almost) every anniversary there since...

Anyways, a great way to start my week :)
Too bad you can't see it in this picture - I'm wearing one of my ban.dos!