Monday, January 10, 2011

Catalog-a-palooza: Globe Trotters

My Sunday afternoon was spent FINALLY going through the stack of interior design catalogs that accumulated while I was traveling in Costa Rica (and I promise I will post pictures of my trip as soon as I can!) West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Grandin Road, Ballard Design, Design Within Reach, Horchow, Serena & Lily, Shades of Light, some yoga clothing catalog, PB Kids, PB Teen, Chiasso, Anthropologie... The list goes on and on.

Ever since Nicole Richie started wearing her long peasant skirts and Bohemian chic garb, I've been in love with the well-traveled eclectic vibe in home furnishings. And EVERY catalog had something in that vein.

So without further ado, here are some of my favorite globe-trotting goodies.

Flokati and Mongolian Lambs Wool always scream exotic far-away haunt. These two goodies from PB Teen would be fabulous in any home (even where there are no teens!)

I wish I could be reincarnated into a time with PB Teen - my room would be decked out.

This nightstand from Serena & Lily has me drooling. Inlay is the perfect way to say "Bohemian Traveler" in your home, but the white-on-white is perfectly subtle.


This pattern brings me back to my college study abroad days with its Spanish/Moroccan design vibe.from Ballard Designs

And so does this rug...
from Shades of Light


I have moved away from a lot of the modern goodies at Design Within Reach, but this rug pulled me back in.



I love that it matches this West Elm tumbler!

West Elm had some fantastic finds for a well traveled bathroom (because who doesn't want their bathroom to look well traveled?)

Loved these hand towels

And the bathmat.

And how they put it all together!This blog post makes me want to hop on a plane again and go somewhere fabulous? Morocco? Turkey? Where should I go next?