Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tranquil Bedroom Blues

tranquil master bedroom chic design

It’s been a long week. The flu knocked me out and has kept me in bed. Let’s just say it hasn’t been fun.

Long hours in bed however, made me think how important it is to invest in the design of your most private retreat, your bedroom. I have had these images of a beautiful bedroom designed by interior designer, Lee Ann Thornton of Thornton Designs of Greenwich, Connecticut tucked away and thought this was the right time to share them with you. The room's cool aqua walls set a calming feel to the room. Loving the hint of wallpaper in the hallway too.

stylish master bedroom suite design

Did you expect the burst of color in the window treatments? I didn’t, but find the juxtaposition fun and fresh aside the aqua walls and neutral bed. The pops of gold & bronze are carried out further in the starburst mirror, Moroccan poufs and geometric rug - love these touches of glam. I think a night in this bedroom would make anyone feel a little better. Don't you think?

For those searching… here are more tranquil bedroom designs.

Take care and be well!