Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank You MLK

mlk watercolor painting dream
{Martin Luther King, Jr. original art by David Collier on Etsy}

“Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: / we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

- Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963

i have a dream watercolor painting
{I Have a Dream, pastel by Carol Schiff Studio on Etsy}

As our nation remembers Martin Luther King tomorrow, I am thankful for his tremendous leadership, fearlessness and sacrifice.

We can continue to honor his legacy everyday by loving one another
and embracing equality world wide.