Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Runaway

We went to an architect friend's home for dinner and MAN did it make me want to get moving on the next phase of decorating my house. Her home was GORGEOUSLY decorated, shaming my empty hallway and ikea + hand-me-down master bedroom. We've made major headway on our dining room, living room and den - next up are the hallway, second bedroom, and most importantly, our master bedroom.

1st order of business? A hallway runner (I'd bought a Madeline Weinrib runner about a year ago, but sent it back because we decided we wanted something softer under foot.) Our hallway walls are white, with very light, blonde wood floors. So the world is our oyster in regards to color.

Here are some ideas running through my head:

Thomas Paul:


Or


Ballard:


West Elm:

I think the Ballard is my personal front runner. Thoughts?