Monday, January 4, 2010

Y is for... Yucatan! and Yummy Dinners!

What a lovely holiday break I've had! We spent Christmas in Mexico, in Playa del Carmen, at the most incredible resort - Royal Hideaway Playacar. My husband hurt his leg (which is now on the mend) and we had to cancel our ski trip to Deer Valley. At first I was bumming, but once I saw the resort I knew spending a week on the beach reading my Kindle was exactly what I needed.

My typical view of the day - at the infinity pool overlooking the beach.

White sand beaches... when can I go back?

It's an all-inclusive resort, so the drinks keep-a-comin' all day long!
After our relaxing week in Mexico, we decided to amp it up and spend our New Year's Eve in Vegas.

As you can see below, I am not such a big gambler (this picture was taken of my big jackpot in Vegas)
And now to the biggest news, (drumroll please), today I am celebrating my 30th birthday! I'm very much looking forward to the restaurant we are going to tonight - Bazaar at the SLS Hotel. It's supposed to be a killer designed hotel by Philippe Starck/SBE, and the food is supposed to be incredible (one of last year's Top Chef contestants, Marcel, works there.)

Here are some pictures of what I have to look forward to tonight...




Hope you are all having a great New Year!!!