Monday, January 4, 2010

Z is for... Zig Zag

My final post on the alphabet! It's been fun, though I have stacks of magazine tear-outs that I'm looking forward to sharing that didn't fit into my A-Z theme. While it's been interesting having some structure to my blog for a month, it will also be nice to go back to my free-form ways, writing about whatever strikes my design-fancy on that particular day.

But Z is definitely my favorite - I'm happy to be going out on a high note... So without further adieu, I give to you, the letter Z.

I am really obsessed with zig zags, chevrons, whatever you want to call this groovy, geometric pattern...

While in Vegas I spotted this zag zag wall near the taxi line at the Vdara Hotel (part of the new and wonderfully designed City Center)



One of my favorite LA restaurants, Malo, has this fabulous black and white zig zag facade.

Both above photos by me on my iPhone (not bad quality!)



I love this black and white zig zag floor from a home designed my Miles Redd (featured in House Beautiful)
I love how he's not afraid to mix the zig zag with other patterns and colors. He is a brave soul and it always works out spectacularly.

If you are afraid to commit to permanent zig zag flooring, you can always rock a rug, like this image from Domino.


Some more permanently zig zagged floors - this one from Mary McDonald in Domino Mag.

My favorite - from the most recent issue of Lonny.