Monday, October 11, 2010

Fleas for Me (and more about pillows)

I had a fabulous Sunday. Morning at the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market. Afternoon by a friend's pool. Evening seeing Ira Glass speak in Anaheim. I wish every Sunday could be so lovely.

We had some fabulous success at the Flea Market! We always come home with something, and this time we came home with three somethings!

I've loved these brass stool/side tables for a while. I've seen them on 1st Dibs for hundreds of bucks...Mine was $65.

It's now a side table to my black slipper chair.



Also finally pulled the trigger on a C. Jere owl sculpture! The seller says it's authentic. We aren't sure (it was only $40 and looks like it was signed with a ball point pen) but we love it just the same.

Our third purchase was a $15 Nambe candlestick (it's the one below without a candle in it yet.) We have a pair we got for our wedding and a gorgeous tall one from my husband's aunt and uncle, so we decided to through this one in the mix as well.


Last week I mentioned I was having some pillows made, using some leftover scraps of fabric I have. My crazy pillow lady (she is completely insane - and no, she doesn't read this blog) is making about 10 different pillows for me. She's had the fabric for about 2 months. She has finished only one. WHAT?!

She dropped the one finished pillow off last week - just simple with a little splash of color

I'm super excited - I'm going to have her make me a set of kidney pillows from this fabric (if I'm lucky, she'll finish by next summer!)Why does it have to be Monday? I wish it was Sunday again :)