Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NYC - ABC Part Two

While roaming around ABC Home, I definitely noticed a theme of exotic homegoods. It's definitely been popular for a while - ikat fabrics, suzani pillows and throws... I feel like the look used to be much more matchy-matchy, but now a days I think it looks great eclectically mixed in with all your other goodies - traditional or modern!

Some fabulous pillows (at only $58/pillow I was tempted to bring this first guy home with me!)




These woven chairs were kind of insane.

This low seat and ottoman were fabulous - but it was the vintage, woven, exotic fabric that really put it over the top.


There was an entire room of inlay furniture that had me drooling.


This rug would look amazing mixed in with contemporary furniture. It has raised woven parts, pom-pom trim. I wanted to squeeze it into my suitcase. It was totally worth the $2400 price tag!Hmmmm... wonder how much it would cost for me to open an ABC Home out here? Probably more than buying the occasional plane ticket to JFK!