Sunday, October 10, 2010

"T is for . . . well . . . um . . . "


Greetings,

We'll open this particular post with some advice - if I were you - I'd make a quick cup of tea before even starting this one.  Because seriously, it's not like you were expecting a lengthy post about vintage trombones, or the stardom of Taylor Lautner, or travel destinations in Transylvania.

Our tour of the alphabet may have reached a fevered pitch as we finally arrive at "T." Tartan.  Frankly, I've often wondered why it delights me so.  At times it feels almost visceral.  I love its history. I love its romanticism.  I love its geometric order.  Gleaming on plates.  Pleated on kilts.  Covering either walls or windows.  Tightly upholstered on chairs.  Or lushly draped as cashmere throws.

Is your tea ready yet?  Maybe a lovely blend of Scottish Breakfast?  Maybe with a home-made scone?  Let me assure you, antique tartan china and plaid table linens are not a requirement.  There is more than enough tartan in the following images . . . .

Enjoy . . .





















Whew,
Scot

- images from several sources.  "Tartan.  Romancing the Plaid,"  Elle Decor, House Beautiful, "Highland Living", "Inspirational Interiors," and the canon camera of Scot Meacham Wood.