Friday, October 22, 2010

Sofa Thoughts

I have been wanting to reupholster the seat cushion of my den sofa in an interesting black and white patterned fabric...

Basically the reverse of this image - fun pattern on seat, solid on the back. Business in the front, party in the back. Like a mullet. Though I guess the other way in this case - business in the back, party in the front.



This is my sofa (complete with adorable dog.)


This has been my go-to inspiration image for a while...

I found this gorgeous linen/velvet brocade pattern at a local fabric shop (I'd use the black/white, not the bright orange.)

A picture of a picture - showing how the fabric looks upholstered on a sofa...

LOVED this patterned fabric from the sofa featured in Elle Decor - anyone know who makes this fabric? Love it!
Happy Weekend everyone. Looking forward to reporting back next week with my fabulous NYC finds!