Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Goods goes Hollywood!

I had the amazing fortune to attend the People Magazine/Entertainment Tonight Emmy Party this past Sunday (pays to have a husband in the biz.) The party was amazing - great food, more cupcakes in one room than I have ever seen, Billy Idol performing live... but the gift bag was truly epic.

Some of the gifts were over the top, like the Flip Mino video recorderSome were luxurious, like the weekend stay at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica, including a couples massage.

But two gifts were so cute they deserved some press on this blog.

First, was a pencil case by Koch Handbags. I got this cute blue and white one:

but I also liked these metallic ones from their website
My husband gave me the one from his gift bag - I think one will hold pens/pencils and the other will be for lip glosses on the go...

The other great design-y gift was from Carrot and Stick Press. I've long been a fan of their papers so I was over the moon to get some note cards from them! Here are some of my favorites from their website...

Cards:
Holiday time:
These are their ready-to-buy collections, but they also do custom.

If I got this kind of swag at the Emmy party, I can't even begin to imagine the decadence that is the Oscars (not that I'll be invited to that)!