Friday, September 12, 2008

It's just the little things you do, that makes me wanna to get with you

Let's face it. The economy is not in great shape. Some of us are in grad school, some of us just bought a house. If you are in your late twenties like me and my friends, chances are you aren't about to drop $10,000 on a new sofa. (Yes, they can cost that much) Here's some little things, with manageable price tags, that can help spruce up your home for the weekend.

Here's some cute hand soaps I just bought for my bathrooms. I don't know why, but they put a smile on my face. Especially the hot pink one.


Savon de Marseilles from Vickerey [dot] com - $20


One of the best things about going to design school is that it introduced me to a ton of brilliant creative people I may not have met otherwise. A design school friend has started her own shop on Etsy with great rehabbed vintage pieces. It's called High Street Market. Her prices are REALLY reasonable (unlike some of the stalls at the Rose Bowl Flea Market). Take a look at some of her goodies...


Pitcher - $32 , Glasses - $42 for the set of 6

Owl - $24


I might have to get this for my mom's mantle (she's a teacher of course) Brass apple - $24


Adorable metal bowl - $16


At $6 a pop, I might buy all her lotus bowls and stockpile them for housewarming and holiday gifts.

And finally, I saw this candle holder from Anthropologie in this month's Elle Decor. OK, so the $98-$148 price tag doesn't make this "bargain" materials, but it's little, it's cute and it's less than a $10,000 sofa, so I figured it was worth mentioning...

It also comes in green and aqua. And [sigh] buying one in every color is DEFINITELY not a bargain. But if it makes you smile, isn't that all that matters.

By the way, anyone who knows the 1990's rap song from which the title of this posting is taken wins two points...