Friday, September 26, 2008

Topiary Glory

My parents both have fantastic decorating taste. My father and his wife have very awesome modern taste - Bertoia chairs, fun Pucci guest towels... My mother and her husband have beautiful classic style - beautiful vintage plates hung on the wall, gorgeous rugs... I somehow end up somewhere in the middle, having a real appreciation for both, but ending up with more of a whimsical, colorful, eclectic approach to decorating.

I'm not sure if my father will approve of this, but I have a serious love for the topiary. Maybe it's the many trips to Disneyland as a kid, seeing all the Mickey shaped shrubbery.

I think I'll be getting one of the great mini-desktop versions for the entry table.


From the Ballard Designs Catalogue.


Some sweet topiaries in Elle Decor




Topiaries from Crate and Barrel. I think I'll be getting one of these for my home.



A modern looking topiary from this month's Domino





From the Pottery Barn catalogue.