Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The holidays are here!

Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner. As a new homeowner I am tempted to go a little silly with decorations. I think decorations can go three different ways - tacky, silly and chic. I'm hoping by using some of the goodies below I will avoid Tacky-town and be the mayor of Chic-and-Funny-ville...

Chic:


Cute white ceramic gourds and pumpkins from Williams Sonoma Home



Mercury glass pumpkin from Wisteria


Birch candles from Wisteria


Silly:


Glowing fat turkey from Williams Sonoma Home
Mini Turkeys (candles!) from Wisteria
More silly candles from WisteriaAnd the candles just get sillier and sillier... from Wisteria


I'm noticing a pattern - nature, fruits and vegetables = sophisticated. Turkeys, pilgrims and the like = silly.