Monday, October 20, 2008

Hooray for West Elm

My design philosophy has always steered me towards a mix of high and low, in furniture, clothing, etc. If I'm wearing shorts by Milla Jovovich for Target, then I pair them with Tory Burch flats and some flea market bangle bracelets. Same goes for furniture...

After 5 months in our new house, things are finally starting to come together, and this weekend, thanks to West Elm, our bedroom got a huge boost...

We replaced our mis-matched dressers with these two:






The drawer pulls are sleek and clean, though if I find some great ones I'll do a swap out...


We also got this floor mirror (the big one). It's big enough that we won't have to compete for space when getting ready for a party...

I'll create a similar vignette around the mirror with the stool we bought at the flea market last weekend


I decided to finally treat myself to a much needed jewelry box (I bought the white lacquered one...) This way if our house ever gets robbed, the thief will know exactly what to take :) Don't worry, I'll keep the good stuff hidden somewhere else...This week I'll be doing some more home shopping (I have finally decided to treat my home with the same attention that I give my clients)... today I'm making the journey to find fabrics for the flea-market-stool and our piano bench, and an expedition for wallpaper (for the dining room and the bedroom).

I am my favorite client, after all...