Monday, October 13, 2008

There were no fleas at that market

Rather than enjoying a cup of coffee and the Sunday paper, I decided to spend my Sunday morning digging for treasure at the Rose Bowl. I've been before for clients (I once scored a dining table and 6 chairs for $350!) but this was my first time looking for myself.
We had some interesting finds...

I loved this brass bicycle, but it didn't seem like us:

It would be great on a mantle (it was about 2 ft high), or just leaning against a wall. But it didn't seem to have a place in our home.

We did get ourselves a vintage letter "S" for our last name...


It now lives on the mantel in our den.




This stool was a STEAL. It's a beautiful antiqued brass (my husband spent the afternoon cleaning it off). I'm planning on having a new cushion made for it (sans-tassels). When I asked the price I was expecting $80-$95. Nope. $40. I didn't even haggle, just paid and immediately ran away before they realized that Jonathan Adler would sell something like this for $350 (I love your stuff Jonathan, but it's not cheap).

It currently lives in the bedroom, next to our dresser. When the walls are painted grey/blue and it gets its fancy new cushion, it will look amazing. Right now it just looks great.