Friday, October 31, 2008

Piano Man

My nana generously gave me her piano (it was a sweet sixteen gift from her brother, who was a professional musician). She moved from her spacious condo to a smaller apartment, so she didn't have the space for it. I played from the time I was a little monkey (my mom taught me songs with only 3 notes) and stopped at 13, when it wasn't "cool" anymore to have piano lessons. I needed my time for much more important activities, like watching 90210 (the original) with my best friend.

The piano bench had a lovely pink and green striped fabric, but I've decided to update the upholstery to make it my own.

I visited the Pacific Design Center and had MANY great options to choose from:

Love this yellow one from Hable Construction


These Romo fabrics are also gorgeous

I have long been a fan of lulu dk fabrics - (as I mentioned on an earlier pillow blog) - these three were contenders:





These orange birds were my favorite. I think I wanted to make up for the fact that we decided not to buy the chair from Anthropologie that I so love (but doesn't work with my sofa)
But I decided to go with the Look for Less from Calico Corners


Image via Elements of Style

At only $23/yd, I couldn't resist! The cushion is currently getting re-upholstered, I'll show you how it turns out!

Happy Halloween (aren't all these orange fabrics fitting for the holiday?)