Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Musical Chairs

Next on the list for the new house: new desk chair. We currently have a functional one - black, on wheels. But it has no personality, no life, no heart.

Earlier I showed our fantastic new desk with brass knuckle pulls - I think it needs an equally fantastic partner in a cool desk chair. Our desk is in a small nook and is on the lower side so the chair needs to be on the small-ish and without arms... Here are some of the finalists:

I've LONG been a fan of Philippe Starck's Louis Ghost chair:
These ones are from Hive Modern. Without arms they are called the Victoria Ghost chair - I'm thinking of clear, smoke or black for our desk...




This one is from West Elm. Nice. Clean. Modern.


Below is Jonathan Adler's Chippendale chair. I think it's too big for the space we have, but cute nonetheless...


And finally, here's a great, inexpensive arm-ed version of the Jonathan Adler chair from Ballard Designs.




Great desk chair = more productive work day. Or at least that's how I like to justify the purchase to myself...

Thoughts?