Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Music makes the people come together

I have always been a big music lover - as a kid I played piano, violin, and I sang with every musical group and in every school musical that would take me. As an adult I rarely get the chance to perform, but music is still a huge part of my life.

With my new IPod Touch I get the joy of looking at the album covers every time I hear my favorite song.
Here are a few of my favorite album covers and the interiors they inspire:

The Royksopp album design takes what nature gives us and makes it something fantastic:



In the same vein:
From Vivre
A natural teak root cast in bronze. My dream coffee table



Crystal covered antlers

Wood flying ducks - to mount on your wall or hang from your ceiling
Gorgeous image from this is glamorous


Zero 7 reminds us to layer different colors and textures to create a rich room

Great modern quilt from Pottery Barn
Mixed with beautiful orange and mustard yellows

Layering patterns - canisters from Pottery Barn


Image via coco & kelleyAn artful layering of zebra and botanical prints

Zero 7 also encourages purple and fun...

Purple wallpapers from Walnut













Purple rooms via this is glamorous





Santogold reminds us that gold accessories are the way to go...



Gold bean bag seat from Graham and Greene


From Vivre
Gold leaf butter dish





Gold dipped coral candelabra



Gold spotted cow hide.

Gold print (on chocolate brown paper) from Orange Beautiful

What is your IPod telling you to design?